Tuesday, August 31, 2004

VJs Tip Of The Day - August 31st 2004

COM Callable Wrapper(CCW) - In simple terms -CCW is the special wrapper created over your .Net classes so that they appear as COM objects to other COM components... If your .Net application needs to be called by other COM components you need to make sure that CCW is created over your .Net classes...

Runtime Callable Wrapper (RCW) - In simple terms - RCW is a special wrapper created over COM components so that they appear as .Net components to other .Net components... If your .Net components call other COM components then you need to make sure that RCW is created over the COM components that your application calls...

PS: I will be shifting to Milwaukee, WI tomorrow... Till I get my new home set up, I might not be having any access to internet so probably would not be able to send in Tips for a while... I apologize in advance for the same and will try to get back to grove ASAP...

No comments: